Saturday, January 21, 2017

Why Do You Love LitRPG?

Paul Bellow has a blog post about why he loves LitRPG and decided to start writing books in the genre. What are the reasons YOU love LitRPG books so much? Whether it's the game mechanics, the characters, or the fond memories of your own time spent gaming, I'd love to know.

As I said on my main blog, one of the reasons I'm so excited about writing LitRPG books is that when I was growing up I read the Guardians of the Flame series by Joel Rosenberg. While it would be termed Soft LitRPG today, it was all about gaming. In a book! Loved it so much.

Now, as a full-time writer, I'm going to be able to write in a genre I'm passionate about. To me, gaming has always been an inclusive environment. So far, LitRPG has turned out to be the same way - a group of individuals coming together to share something they love and are passionate about.

So, lemme know... Why do you YOU love LitRPG books so much? I'm excited to hear your answers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment